Re: WIP: Avoid creation of the free space map for small tables - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From John Naylor
Subject Re: WIP: Avoid creation of the free space map for small tables
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> John Naylor <jcnaylor@gmail.com> writes:
>
> BTW, don't we need a similar hack for visibility maps?

The FSM is the bigger bang for the buck, and fairly simple to do, but
it would be nice to do something about VMs as well. I'm not sure if
simply lacking a VM would be as simple (or as free of downsides) as
for the FSM. I haven't studied the VM code in detail, however.

-John Naylor