Re: pgadmin4 Edit and "Save" data - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Janus
Subject Re: pgadmin4 Edit and "Save" data
Date
List pgadmin-support
I have had the same thoughts about this inconsistency in comparison to e.g. PgAdmin III. Also, this "Save" button only appears when editing cell values defined as text, but not when editing numeric values, which does not opens this editing dialog. This, too, is inconsistent.
When I started using pdAdmin 4, I was confused by this need to double-save and even though I have used it for some months now, I haven't gotten used to this requirement. I guess that it's implemented like this, since the persistency/table refresh action (involves showing screen overlay with a throbber) isn't that fast and multiple persistency/table refresh actions triggered by editing and persisting data as pgAdmin III does would involve alot of screen flickering and a rather bad user experience.