Re: Having query cache in core - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From CK Tan
Subject Re: Having query cache in core
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Sat, May 12, 2018 at 8:18 AM, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@sraoss.co.jp> wrote:

> How do you handle tables hiding behind views? Also how does cached entries
> in pgpools know if some tables are modified without going thru pgpool, eg
> pgplsql or trigger or via psql directly?

Pgpool-II do not invalidate cache entries for views, triggers and
others. That's an limitation of the implementation in Pgpool-II.

I think in-core query cache would not have the limitation because it
would have a full access to system catalogs and wal.

Yes. That's my point. You can't do it outside the core.

-cktan