Re: How to add function schema in search_path in option definitio - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lorusso Domenico
Subject Re: How to add function schema in search_path in option definitio
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello Adrian and Peter,
yes the set parameter in function definition is also my preferred choice, but....

I need to add the schema to path, not to substitute the path, this is my problem

Il giorno dom 9 lug 2023 alle ore 13:02 Peter J. Holzer <hjp-pgsql@hjp.at> ha scritto:
On 2023-07-08 19:00:02 +0200, Lorusso Domenico wrote:
> I've created a schema to handle some specific features.
> In the schema there are a couple of tables used by many functions (more than
> 20).
> In other words, I've created a schema as a package (as suggested in many
> points).

So this is one specific schema with a specific name and you don't need
this to work in any schema the function happens to be created in?

Then I think setting the search path as part of the function definition
(as already hinted at by Adrian) may be the easiest solution:

create function my_schema.foo (...)
    returns ...
    set search_path to my_schema, public
    as $$
    $$;

You could also do something like:

set search_path to my_schema, public;
create function foo (...)
    returns ...
    set search_path from current
    as $$
    $$;

        hp

--
   _  | Peter J. Holzer    | Story must make more sense than reality.
__/   | http://www.hjp.at/ |       challenge!"

--
Domenico L.

per stupire mezz'ora basta un libro di storia,
io cercai di imparare la Treccani a memoria... [F.d.A.]