Re: Turning recovery.conf into GUCs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jaime Casanova
Subject Re: Turning recovery.conf into GUCs
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 2:57 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> Jaime,
>
>>> And, as I said before, we need to do the GUC merger in the same release
>>> we introduce configuration directory (or after it).
>>>

>> you mean the ALTER SYSTEM syntax? anyway, why that restriction?
>
> No, I'm referring to the proposal to have an automatically created and
> included conf.d directory for extra configuration files.

9.3 has include_dir and postgresql.conf has this setted:
"""
#include_dir = 'conf.d'         # include files ending in '.conf' from                   # directory 'conf.d'
"""

anything before this should be up to the packagers, no?

or, do you mean something else?

--
Jaime Casanova         www.2ndQuadrant.com
Professional PostgreSQL: Soporte 24x7 y capacitación