Re: GIN pending list clean up exposure to SQL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jaime Casanova
Subject Re: GIN pending list clean up exposure to SQL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 19 November 2015 at 14:47, Jaime Casanova
<jaime.casanova@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 19 November 2015 at 14:18, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>>>
>>> I just noticed that your patch uses AccessShareLock on the index.  Is
>>> that okay?  I would have assumed that you'd need ShareUpdateExclusive
>>> (same as vacuum uses), but I don't really know.  Was that a carefully
>>> thought-out choice?
>>
>> After reading gitPendingCleanup it becomes clear that there's no need
>> for a stronger lock than what you've chosen.  Jaime Casanova just
>> pointed this out to me.
>>

> But it should do some checks, no?
> - only superusers?
> - what i received as parameter is a GIN index?

I just notice this:

+       ginInsertCleanup(&ginstate, true, &stats);

ginInsertCleanup() now has four parameters, so you should update the call

--
Jaime Casanova                      www.2ndQuadrant.com
Professional PostgreSQL: Soporte 24x7 y capacitación