Re: - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Jaime Casanova
Subject Re:
Date
List pgadmin-support
On 28 June 2017 at 13:28, Michael Rasmussen <michaelr@porch.com> wrote:

> This mailing list is only for support with the desktop client pgAdmin.  Your problem is server related. Please send
yourrequest to

> pgsql-general@postgresql.org, and they will be better able to help you there.

Actually, this doesn't look like a server-side problem either.
Messages shown says System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection which makes me
thing in app level problem.

The only postgresql messages here are:
"""
x2 6/26/17 7:21am ERROR [08001] FATAL:  the database system is shutting down  at
System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.HandleError(OdbcHandlehrHandle,

RetCode retcode)
"""
apparently shown via odbc message an informs the database is shutting
down that's not a problem specially since a few lines later it says:
"""
2017-06-26 07:21:35 MDT FATAL:  terminating connection due to
administrator command
2017-06-26 07:21:47 MDT FATAL:  the database system is shutting down
"""
explaining that the shutdown comes from administrator command and not
from an error

and the other one are:
"""Having an Issue of timing out or just randomly shutting down?  other
errors I'm getting are duplicate key value violates unique constraint
"di_web_users_pkey"
2017-06-21 06:53:09 MDT ERROR:  relation
"di_central.di_web_user_hmaxfield" does not exist at character 37
2017-06-21 06:53:09 MDT STATEMENT:  select column_name, is_checked
from di_central.di_web_user_hmaxfield
2017-06-21 09:43:35 MDT LOG:  could not receive data from client: An
established connection was aborted by the software in your host
machine.
"""
which the first one says the app is not checking for uniqueness so the
database is doing it and the second that the table
"di_central.di_web_user_hmaxfield" does not exist

neither of both are postgresql failures

--
Jaime Casanova                      www.2ndQuadrant.com