Re: *Regarding brin_index on required column of the table - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Durgamahesh Manne
Subject Re: *Regarding brin_index on required column of the table
Date
List pgsql-general

On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 8:02 PM Andreas Kretschmer <andreas@a-kretschmer.de> wrote:

Am 19.09.2018 um 15:51 schrieb Durgamahesh Manne:
> I have created BRIN index on few columns of the table without any
> issues. But i am unable to create BRIN index on one column of the
> table as i got error listed below
>

> [local]:6263 postgres@huawei=# CREATE INDEX brin_idx on huawei using
> brin ("dFetch");
> ERROR:  data type boolean has no default operator class for access
> method "brin"
> HINT:  You must specify an operator class for the index or define a
> default operator class for the data type.

honestly, a BRIN-Index on a bool-column doesn't make much sense. What do
you want to achive? Maybe a partial index with a where-condition on that
column makes much more sense.

Regards, Andreas

--
2ndQuadrant - The PostgreSQL Support Company.
www.2ndQuadrant.com

Hi

I want to execute distinct query at less possible time

for that reason ,Even i have already tried with BTREE indexes & HASH indexes on required columns .distinct query execution time was not reduced

select  distinct sub_head."vchSubmittersCode" ,rec."vchFileName" , rec."vchCusipFundIDSubFundID" , rec."vchFundUnitPrice"  ,  sub_head."vchValuationDate" ,rec."vchAdvisorLabel" from  "table1" rec join  "table2" sub_head on rec."vchSubmittersCode"=sub_head."vchSubmittersCode" where  rec."bFetch"=false and sub_head."bFetch"=false ;

Query taken around 7 minutes time to execute with BTREE indexes & HASH indexes on required columns

Regards

Durgamahesh Manne