Fwd: Regarding tables detach concurrently with run_maintenance_proc() - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Durgamahesh Manne
Subject Fwd: Regarding tables detach concurrently with run_maintenance_proc()
Date
List pgsql-general

Hi Respected Team

with pg_partman By default proc() does not detach tables concurrently. How do we implement tables detach concurrently without blocking other sessions
Here queries not using date column to detach tables with run_maintenance_proc() which is not using concurrently  based on the retention policy which leads to scan all available child tables hence need to trigger this proc with concurrently option to avoid blocking other child tables beyond rentention policy while running statements on them

Do we have any other alternative rather than using pg_partman()?

your response is valuable

Regards,
Durga Mahesh