Re: PG Sharding - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Matej
Subject Re: PG Sharding
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks Thomas.

Still fancying the manual approach litlle bit more.

Will probably go with 8 database and 32 schema per machine. This way, will keep in limits for administration tools as well as autovacuum, also will be ready for connection pooling, as 8 databases is not to much.

This will give us 256 shard per machine, but will be tunable. The lower number will also prevent to much memory/disk fragmentation and with this bad cache hit ratios.

Will also use monthly partitioning per shard, to reduce the change of big tables forming.

Thanks everyone.

Using citusdb enterprise, you can replicate the table shards.

Regards,
Thomas

As already said. It's missing 2 level sharding and is restricted with SPOF.

BR

Matej

>We are looking for multi tenancy but at scale. That's why the sharding and partitioning. It depends how you look at the distributed part.

Citusdb.