Re: Git is not an acronym - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Douglas A. Whitfield
Subject Re: Git is not an acronym
Date
List pgsql-docs
On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 at 08:34, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:
> Not harmful, but an acronym which we explain with the acronym itself doesn't
> seem like helpful use of page real-estate.

Perhaps I am missing something. The two acronyms offered appear to be:

"global information tracker": you're in a good mood, and it actually
works for you. Angels sing, and a light suddenly fills the room.
"goddamn idiotic truckload of sh*t": when it breaks

I don't personally care all that much whether it stays or goes at
present, but again, perhaps I am missing something.