Re: ODBC SELECT Timeout - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From ter062424
Subject Re: ODBC SELECT Timeout
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Hello Hiroshi,

Thank you for your continued help on this, it is greatly appreciated.  The system with ODBC installed is a CentOS Linux server and has two files: "/etc/odbc.ini" and "/etc/odbcinst.ini"  The odbcinst.ini file is where the [PostgreSQL] section is defined, showing the path to the driver, etc. (Driver64 = /usr/lib64/psqlodbc.so).  That is where I was putting these values.

Perhaps I should have been putting then in odbc.ini.  I will work on that and re-test.  I'll also run an EXPLAIN and let you know how it turns out.

Thanks again for the help.
Tom

On Sun, Jun 2, 2013 at 7:59 PM, Inoue, Hiroshi [via PostgreSQL] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Sorry for teh late reply.

(2013/05/29 5:20), ter062424 wrote:
> Hello Hiroshi,
>
> I set UseServerSidePrepare=1 in /etc/odbcinst.ini and then ran odbcinst -i
> -d -f /etc/odbcinst.ini.

I don't know well about odbcinst.
Does the above operation update odbc.ini?

 > The SELECT query over ODBC ran for about 1 hour,
> and then died with:

Could you try
   explain <the query>
using psql etc?