Re: Pluggable toaster - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Aleksander Alekseev
Subject Re: Pluggable toaster
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Nikita,

> Here's rebased patch:
> v23-0001-toaster-interface.patch - Pluggable TOAST API interface with reference (original) TOAST mechanics - new API
isintroduced but

> reference TOAST is still left unchanged;
> v23-0002-toaster-default.patch - Default TOAST mechanics is re-implemented using TOAST API and is plugged in as
DefaultToaster;

> v23-0003-toaster-docs.patch - Pluggable TOAST API documentation package

Thanks for keeping the patch up to date.

As I recall one of the open questions was: how this feature is
supposed to work with table access methods? Could you please summarize
what the current consensus is in this respect?

--
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev