Re: Add connection active, idle time to pg_stat_activity - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Aleksander Alekseev
Subject Re: Add connection active, idle time to pg_stat_activity
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi hackers,

All in all the patch seems to be in good shape.

> This is consistent with the current documentation:
>
> > Each individual server process transmits new statistical counts to the collector just before going idle; so a query
ortransaction still in progress does not affect the displayed totals.

> But it makes me wonder if there will be a lot of use of total_idle_in_transaction_time and if the patch should
actuallyalter this behavior.

> Thoughts?

On second thought, this is arguably out of scope of this particular
patch and this particular discussion. In any case, having some stats
is better than none.

I'm going to change the status of the patch to "Ready for Committer"
in a short time unless anyone has a second opinion.

--
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev