Re: Adding a clang-format file - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Aleksander Alekseev
Subject Re: Adding a clang-format file
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Peter,

> I really don't see any real problem with making something available,
> without changing any official project guidelines. It's commonplace to
> provide a clang-format file these days.

Personally I don't have anything against the idea. TimescaleDB uses
clang-format to mimic pgindent and it works quite well. One problem
worth mentioning though is that the clang-format file is dependent on
the particular version of clang-format. TSDB requires version 7 or 8
and the reason why the project can't easily switch to a newer version
is that the format has changed. So perhaps a directory would be more
appropriate than a single file.

--
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev