Re: Some oversights in query_id calculation - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Aleksander Alekseev
Subject Re: Some oversights in query_id calculation
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Julien,

> You should see failures doing a check-world or simply a make -C
> contrib/pg_stat_statements check

Sorry, my bad. I was running make check-world, but did it with -j4 flag which was a mistake.

The patch is OK.

On Wed, Apr 28, 2021 at 1:27 PM Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Aleksander,

On Wed, Apr 28, 2021 at 01:19:36PM +0300, Aleksander Alekseev wrote:
> Hi Julien,
>
> > I'm attaching a patch that fixes those, with regression tests to reproduce each
> > problem.
>
> I believe something could be not quite right with the patch. Here is what I did:
>
> $ git apply ...
> # revert the changes in the code but keep the new tests
> $ git checkout src/backend/utils/misc/queryjumble.c
> $ ./full-build.sh && single-install.sh && make installcheck-world
>
> ... where named .sh scripts are something I use to quickly check a patch [1].
>
> I was expecting that several tests will fail but they didn't. Maybe I
> missed something?

I think it's because installcheck-* don't run pg_stat_statements' tests, see
its Makefile:

--
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev