Re: Better sanity checking for message length words - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Aleksander Alekseev
Subject Re: Better sanity checking for message length words
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Tom,

> Given the small number of complaints to date, I'm hesitant to
> back-patch this: if there's anybody out there with valid use for
> long messages that I didn't think should be long, this might break
> things for them.  But I think it'd be reasonable to sneak it into
> v14, since we've not started beta yet.
>
> Thoughts?

I'm having slight issues applying your patch to the `master` branch.
Is it the right target?

Regarding the idea, I think extra checks are a good thing and
definitely something that can be introduced in the next major version.
If we receive a complaint during beta-testing we can revert the patch
or maybe increase the limit for small messages.

--
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev