Re: Using Oracle SQL Client commands with PSQL 12.2 DB - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Olivier Gautherot
Subject Re: Using Oracle SQL Client commands with PSQL 12.2 DB
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Fred,

Le lun. 13 avr. 2020 à 21:49, Fred Richard <frichard@gmail.com> a écrit :
PGSQL    Communities,

We migrated Oracle 11.x Database to PostgreSQL 12.x Database on a RH Linux 7.x server.
On a different RH Linux 7.x Server, I have Oracle Client installed.  Since we have many scripts developed in Oracle SQL, is it possible for the PostgreSQL 12.x DB to process the Oracle Scripts?  Are there utilities or drivers that could be installed on the PostgreSQL 12.x Database or server for processing the Oracle SQL client commands?  We are trying to avoid updating our Oracle Client scripts on remote servers.

Thanks
Fred

I removed the hackers' list as this is a standard question. The question is really how far from standard SQL. If you stuck to the standard, you shouldn't have a big effort. If you didn't, the case should be evaluated more carefully and you may have a bigger challenge.

A first evaluation would be to fire the requests and see how much breaks.

You can also look at http://www.enterprisedb.com/enterprise-postgres/database-compatibility-oracle as it seems to be a (possibly commercial) valid answer.

Orafce could be another one  https://github.com/orafce/orafce

I haven't tried these so I can't confirm how mature or applicable they are to your problem.

Hope it helps
Olivier