Re: PostgreSQL and local HDD - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Olivier Gautherot
Subject Re: PostgreSQL and local HDD
Date
List pgsql-general

El mié, 16 ago 2023 6:54, Ron <ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com> escribió:
On 8/15/23 23:48, Olivier Gautherot wrote:

El mié, 16 ago 2023 5:39, Ron <ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com> escribió:
On 8/15/23 04:24, Olivier Gautherot wrote:
[snip]
Does the database have to be on a storage like EMC or QNAP?

Faster storage can only help but I would start by discarding functional overhead.

Functional overhead?

I mean inefficient design, which won't be solved by changing the storage.

Ah, the normal aspects of physical design...

... and considerung that the OP did not quantify what "slow" means and what his reference/expectation is.

Let's wait for the OP to give more background.