How to switch file systems with least downtime? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Moshe Jacobson
Subject How to switch file systems with least downtime?
Date
Re: How to switch file systems with least downtime?  (Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com>)
Re: How to switch file systems with least downtime?  (Arjen Nienhuis <a.g.nienhuis@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
How do I migrate my 9.1 directory to a new file system with the least downtime possible?

I don't know if this makes any difference, but my pg_xlog directory is on its own volume as well, so I would have to unmount it and remount it as well, but I would not have to copy over my xlogs.

I figure the first part of this is to do a pg_start_backup() and rsync the files over., bu I'm not sure what to do after that.

Thanks for your help.

Moshe Jacobson
Nead Werx, Inc. | Manager of Systems Engineering
2323 Cumberland Parkway, Suite 201 | Atlanta, GA 30339
moshe@neadwerx.com |
www.neadwerx.com

"Quality is not an act, it is a habit." -- Aristotle