Re: pg_extension_config_dump() with a sequence - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Moshe Jacobson
Subject Re: pg_extension_config_dump() with a sequence
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 4:03 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
It's pretty hard to believe that that would work in pg_dump but not
pg_dumpall.  You sure the error references a database that you fixed the
sequence definition in?  (You'd probably have to drop and recreate the
extension to fix it in an existing database.)  If so, what PG version are
we talking about exactly, and what's the whole pg_dumpall command line?

Thanks for the response, Tom.

You're right, pg_dump fails as well:

pg_dump: SQL command failed
pg_dump: Error message from server: ERROR:  cannot copy from sequence "sq_pk_audit_data_type"
pg_dump: The command was: COPY auditlog.sq_pk_audit_data_type  TO stdout;

I can pg_dump our prod database and pg_restore it onto our dev server with zero errors, but once I try to pg_dump the dev copy again, that's when I receive the errors above.

I didn't drop & recreate the extension to fix it on prod -- I just created a new version of it and updated it.

Any ideas?

--
Moshe Jacobson
Nead Werx, Inc. | Manager of Systems Engineering

"Quality is not an act, it is a habit." -- Aristotle