Re: Minimal logical decoding on standbys - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Khandekar
Subject Re: Minimal logical decoding on standbys
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 24 May 2019 at 19:26, Amit Khandekar <amitdkhan.pg@gmail.com> wrote:
> Working on the patch now ....

Attached is an incremental WIP patch
handle_wal_level_changes_WIP.patch to be applied over the earlier main
patch logical-decoding-on-standby_v4_rebased.patch.

> > On 2019-05-21 09:19:37 -0700, Andres Freund wrote:
> > > So I suspect we need conflict handling in xlog_redo's
> > > XLOG_PARAMETER_CHANGE case. If we there check against existing logical
> > > slots, we ought to be safe.

Yet to do this. Andres, how do you want to handle this scenario ? Just
drop all the existing logical slots like what we decided for conflict
recovery for conflicting xids ?

--
Thanks,
-Amit Khandekar