Re: calling procedures is slow and consumes extra much memory against calling function - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Khandekar
Subject Re: calling procedures is slow and consumes extra much memory against calling function
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 17 Sep 2020 at 11:07, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 16, 2020 at 09:08:09PM +0200, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> > I am sending another patch that tries to allow CachedPlans for CALL
> > statements. I think this patch is very accurate, but it is not nice,
> > because it is smudging very precious reference counting for CachedPlans.
>
> Amit, you are registered as a reviewer of this patch for two months
> now.  Are you planning to look at it more?  If you are not planning to
> do so, that's fine, but it may be better to remove your name as
> reviewer then.

Thanks Michael for reminding. I *had* actually planned to do some more
review. But I think I might end up not getting bandwidth for this one
during this month. So I have removed my name. But I have kept my name
as reviewer for bitmaps and correlation :
"https://commitfest.postgresql.org/29/2310/ since I do plan to do some
review on that one.

Thanks,
-Amit Khandekar