Re: Minimal logical decoding on standbys - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Khandekar
Subject Re: Minimal logical decoding on standbys
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 17 Jan 2020 at 13:20, Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreas@visena.com> wrote:

> På torsdag 16. januar 2020 kl. 05:42:24, skrev Amit Khandekar <amitdkhan.pg@gmail.com>:
>
> On Fri, 10 Jan 2020 at 17:50, Rahila Syed <rahila.syed@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Amit,
> >
> > Can you please rebase the patches as they don't apply on latest master?
>
> Thanks for notifying. Attached is the rebased version.
>

> Will this patch enable logical replication from a standby-server?

Sorry for the late reply.
This patch only supports logical decoding from standby. So it's just
an infrastructure for supporting logical replication from standby. We
don't support creating a publication from standby, but the publication
on master is replicated on standby, so we might be able to create
subscription nodes that connect to existing publications on standby,
but basically we haven't tested whether the publication/subscription
model works with a publication on a physical standby. This patch is
focussed on providing a way to continue logical replication *after*
the standby is promoted as master.

--
Thanks,
-Amit Khandekar