Re: how to compile postgresql with other version of openssl? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From krzf83@gmail.com
Subject Re: how to compile postgresql with other version of openssl?
Date
List pgsql-general
> It may be missing dependencies.
Like I mentioned without LDFLAGS CFLAGS there are no problem with
compilation so problem is with configure script and CFLAGS LDFLAGS
or/and openssl library

>You should check config.log for more input
I've previously pasted config.log. It does not contain any
information, only "configure: exit 1", nothing else.

for tests openssl was compiled with
CFLAGS=-fPIC ./config shared zlib zlib-dynamic --openssldir=/usr/openssl-0.9.8zg
CFLAGS=-fPIC ./config shared zlib zlib-dynamic --openssldir=/usr/openssl-1.0.1p

# LDFLAGS="-L/usr/openssl-0.9.8zg/lib" ./configure --with-openssl
checking test program... failed
configure: error:
Could not execute a simple test program.  This may be a problem
related to locating shared libraries.  Check the file 'config.log'
for the exact reason.

# LDFLAGS="-L/usr/openssl-1.0.1p/lib" ./configure --with-openssl
works. Compiles ok. ldd psql does not show linking to any openssl lib
for some reason for this new version of openssl (maybe its compiled
staticly?) so I don't know any other method to check if 1.0.1p is
actualy compiled in (?)

so a bug... postgresql incomaptibility with openssl 0.9.8zg and a bug
with ./configure program that does not output anything usefull that
would indicate cause.