Connecting Multiple LibreOffice Base Users to a Remote Postgres Database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Don Parris
Subject Connecting Multiple LibreOffice Base Users to a Remote Postgres Database
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi all,

I have been posting on my blog about getting LibreOffice Base and PostgreSQL working together.  My latest actually focuses on getting multiple users connecting to a single, remote, stand-alone PostgreSQL server.  You can set this up fairly quickly and - in my case, anyway - with no programming involved.

http://dcparris.net/2013/08/04/distributing-your-libreoffice-postgresql-database-across-systems-and-users-the-basics/

Of course, if you want to enforce business rules and security, you'll need to employ server-side tools and programming, as well as possibly using Base macros or Python on the client side.  I am not yet certain about how to implement transactions, so that (following the project below), one can complete a form and press a "Submit" button to make the whole transaction fire at once.

My previous post is not so much of a tutorial, but more of an opportunity to showcase a small project using LibreOffice Base as a front-end to PostgreSQL.

http://dcparris.net/2013/07/22/ill-call-it-ldinero/

In any case, I hope these will be of some use to others here.  Please enjoy and let me know if you need any clarification of any of my points.

Regards,
Don

--
D.C. Parris, FMP, Linux+, ESL Certificate
Minister, Security/FM Coordinator, Free Software Advocate