Re: Optimize external TOAST storage - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From davinder singh
Subject Re: Optimize external TOAST storage
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Thanks Dilip, I have fixed your comments, please find the updated patch.

On Tue, Mar 8, 2022 at 9:44 PM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:.
+            /* incompressible, ignore on subsequent compression passes. */
+            orig_attr->tai_colflags |= TOASTCOL_INCOMPRESSIBLE;

Do we need to set TOASTCOL_INCOMPRESSIBLE while trying to externalize
it, the comment say "ignore on subsequent compression passes"
but after this will there be more compression passes?  If we need to
set this TOASTCOL_INCOMPRESSIBLE then comment should explain this.
That was a mistake, this flag is not required at this point, as the attribute is externalized it will be marked as TOASTCOL_IGNORE, and such columns are not considered for compression, I removed it. Thanks for pointing it out.

--
Regards,
Davinder