Re: PG compilation error with Visual Studio 2015/2017/2019 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From davinder singh
Subject Re: PG compilation error with Visual Studio 2015/2017/2019
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Apr 8, 2020 at 7:39 PM Juan José Santamaría Flecha
Let me explain further, in pg_config_os.h you can check that the value of  _WIN32_WINNT is solely based on checking _MSC_VER. This patch should also be meaningful for WIN32 builds using MinGW, or we might see this issue reappear in those  systems if update the  MIN_WINNT value to more current OS versions. So, I still think  _WIN32_WINNT is a better option.
Thanks for explanation, I was not aware of that, you are right it make sense to use " _WIN32_WINNT", Now I am using this only.

I still see the same last lines in both #ifdef blocks, and pgindent might change a couple of lines to:
+ MultiByteToWideChar(CP_ACP, 0, winlocname, -1, wc_locale_name,
+ LOCALE_NAME_MAX_LENGTH);
+
+ if ((GetLocaleInfoEx(wc_locale_name, LOCALE_SNAME,
+ (LPWSTR)&buffer, LOCALE_NAME_MAX_LENGTH)) > 0)
+ {
Now I have resolved these comments also, Please check updated version of the patch.

Please open an item in the commitfest for this patch.
I have created with same title.

--
Regards,
Davinder