Re: what change in postgres 9.5 improvements for multi-CPU machines - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Merlin Moncure
Subject Re: what change in postgres 9.5 improvements for multi-CPU machines
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Mar 25, 2016 at 5:11 AM, 657985552@qq.com <657985552@qq.com> wrote:
> hello everyone:
>       I was bothered by the postgres spinlock for a long time . How to
> understand this sentence "postgres 9.5 performance improvements for
> multi-CPU machines"
> at present my database is 9.3.5 。  Can  it solve the  spinlock problem, if
> upgrade it to 9.5 ?

What problem?  Spinlock contention is a symptom, not a problem in and
of itself.  Spinlocks are good target for micro-optimization though,
and we're always looking for strategies to make things work better
if/when we get into high contention scenarios.

merlin