Re: ExecStoreTuple going into infinite loop - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Merlin Moncure
Subject Re: ExecStoreTuple going into infinite loop
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 5:36 AM, Atri Sharma <atri.jiit@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to build and store multiple tuples.The code is:
>
> ExecClearTuple(slot);
>
> /The code for fetching the data from which tuple will be formed../
> for(;x<y;x++){
> tuple = BuildTupleFromCStrings(TupleDescGetAttInMetadata(node->ss.ss_currentRelation->rd_att),
> values);
> ExecStoreTuple(tuple, slot, InvalidBuffer, false);
> }
>
> return (slot);
>

> When I am including the ExecClearTuple(slot),the result only includes
> the last tuple that was built.If I do not include
> ExecClearTuple(slot),the code goes into an infinite loop.
>
> Please help.

I've answered off list.  The context here is fdw iteration. Atri was
trying to return multiple rows inside the iteration which is not how
the function is designed to work.  (also this would be more
appropriate question for -general).

merlin