Re: DB running out of memory issues after upgrade - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Merlin Moncure
Subject Re: DB running out of memory issues after upgrade
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 12:40 PM Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com> wrote:
> This is almost certainly unrelated.  It looks like that query did a seq scan
> and accessed a large number of tuples (and pages from "shared_buffers"), which
> the OS then shows as part of that processes memory, even though *shared*
> buffers are not specific to that one process.

Yeah.  This server looks highly overprovisioned, I'm in particularly
suspicious of the high max_connections setting.   To fetch this out
I'd be tracking connections in the database, both idle and not idle,
continuously.   The solution is most likely to install a connection
pooler such as pgbouncer.

merlin