Re: Primary key Index Error - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Merlin Moncure
Subject Re: Primary key Index Error
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 3:22 AM, Manoj K P <manoj@comodo.com> wrote:
> Postgres recovered from data folder , after that some queries shows error
>

> select * from table2 order by app_id  ; - its work ( 50000000 data)
> select * from table2 order by app_id   desc ; - its work
>
> Here app_id contains  binary index
>

> select * from table2 order by id  ; - its work ( 50000000 data)
> select * from table2 order by id   desc ; - shows following error
>
> manoj[local] postgres ERROR:  index "tbl2_id_pkey" contains unexpected zero
> page at block 311121
> manoj [local] postgres HINT:  Please REINDEX it.
>
> index "tbl2_id_pkey" is primary key
>
> Reindex not pratical this table (250 GB data)
>
> How i can solve this ?

It looks like you have data corruption.  Your first priority should be
to do the minimum necessary to get a usable database dump and then to
get back online.  I would consider your database off line until this
is done. Essentially, the only practical ways to repair the error you
see would be to reindex or restore from backup.  Did you have any
unexpected power events?  Server crashes?

merlin