Re: How to change the pgsql source code and build it?? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Merlin Moncure
Subject Re: How to change the pgsql source code and build it??
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 12:50 PM, Shreesha <shreesha1988@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, the initdb issue looks to be resolved.  Actually, after making the
> changes as suggested by Kyotaro Horiguchi, I copied only initdb binary to my
> platform and didn't copy all of them. Hence, the dependencies were still not
> resolved and was getting the error. However, now the database server is
> started and is up and running.
>
> But, When I try to connect the client to the server, I am getting the
> following error:
> /switch/pgsql/bin # ./psql
> FATAL:  database "root" does not exist
> psql: FATAL:  database "root" does not exist

This is easy to solve.  Your database is running.

./psql postgres

you can set PGDATABASE env variable to postgres in your profile or
create a database 'root' if you want to log in without arguments.  I
usually use the default postgres database as a scratch database or
administrative database to run command like creating databases.

merlin