Re: is there a way to deliver an array over column from a query window? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Merlin Moncure
Subject Re: is there a way to deliver an array over column from a query window?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 3:15 AM, Rafał Pietrak <rafal@zorro.isa-geek.com> wrote:
> W dniu 04/26/2013 12:25 AM, Merlin Moncure pisze:
>
>> On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 1:30 PM, Rafał Pietrak <rafal@zorro.isa-geek.com>
>> wrote:
>
> [----------------------]
>

>>> No, I don't (manual:
>>> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/tutorial-window.html, have just
>>> one word "distinct" on that page, and it's not in the above context). And
>>> cannot duplicate the above:
>>> # select array_agg(distinct v order by v desc) from (select
>>> generate_series(1,3) v union all select generate_series(1,3)) q;
>>> ERROR:  syntax error at or near "order"
>>> LINE 1: select array_agg(distinct v order by v desc) from (select ge...
>>>
>>> Did I miss something??
>>
>> This feature was added w/9.0.   This means you are on 8.4.  Time to
>> upgrade...
>

> Yes, true. I kind of postpone that until debian-wheeze gets released as
> stable.
>
> But what about the postgres documentation. I haven't found that feature in
> postgres-v9.1 docs (link above). Where can I read about it?

see here:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/sql-expressions.html#SYNTAX-AGGREGATES

(you were looking at the window function specific docs, not the
general aggregate documentation).

merlin