Re: What happens if I create new threads from within a postgresql function? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Merlin Moncure
Subject Re: What happens if I create new threads from within a postgresql function?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 1:59 PM, Seref Arikan
<serefarikan@kurumsalteknoloji.com> wrote:
> Hi Merlin,
> My plan is exactly what you've suggested, sending bytea to an external
> server. The networking library I'm using uses threads, and this is where I
> am creating threads.

Well, TBH, I find that odd.  I know some network libraries use threads
instead of a more asynchronous model.  I can't speak to the
particulars because I don't have them, but my gut is the path you're
going on is fraught with danger.  ISTM you're better off doing socket
connection through standard socket calls.

merlin