Re: PQisBusy() always busy - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Merlin Moncure
Subject Re: PQisBusy() always busy
Date
List pgsql-novice
On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 2:48 PM, bradg <bg4all@me.com> wrote:
> Well, my output matches yours now:
>
> select returned zero
> i=0
> not busy!
> i=1
>
> Thanks for helping me eliminate that part of my code.
>
> Just curious... If I can't get to the bottom of my problem, is it safe to
> put PQexecParams() and PQexecPrepared() in a separate thread?

er, if you have an undiagnosed problem in your code, I am really
struggling with the leap of logic that you are somehow better off
using threads :-).   given the choice of asynchronous, single threaded
programming and multi-threaded, I'll go asynchronous without
hesitation unless I have a very, very good reason not to.   Better to
understand the issue completely now.

merlin