Re: Can we use sql language to create a function in Postgres? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Merlin Moncure
Subject Re: Can we use sql language to create a function in Postgres?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Jan 5, 2022 at 5:27 AM Shaozhong SHI <shishaozhong@gmail.com> wrote:

> Any online documentation or examples for using Oracle SQL in Postgres?

FYI there are commercial offerings (in particular, EDB, which I am not
affiliated with) that minimize compatibility concerns with oracle.  If
doing this by hand, utilizing the lists (which SPECIFIC questions) and
other internet resources is the way to go. There may be some guides,
but the SQL language and other nuance is moving fast, so try to get
contemporary help if possible.  Conversion to postgres will work, and
what you are doing is a good idea.

merlin