Re: multiple results from a function - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Merlin Moncure
Subject Re: multiple results from a function
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 6:23 PM, James Harper
<james.harper@bendigoit.com.au> wrote:
> I see that I can use PQgetResult to get results from an async query, and this allows for multiple results, presumably
whenthe query is like "SELECT 123, 456; SELECT 'ABC', 'DEF';". Is there a way for a C function, using SPI, to send
resultsets without waiting for completion and returning a potentially huge set of results right at the end of the
function?

> Failing that, is there a way for a C function to send to STDOUT in the same way that a COPY (...) TO STDOUT would?

Why does this have to be an SPI function?  Maybe a little more context
here would help.

merlin