Re: Copy a cluster from one host to an identical other - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Keith
Subject Re: Copy a cluster from one host to an identical other
Date
List pgsql-novice
That works yes. Just be sure to call pg_start_backup() on the master before starting the tar and then pg_stop_backup() when you're done.
You can also use the pg_basebackup tool to help make it a little easier
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/app-pgbasebackup.html