Re: Pgoutput not capturing the generated columns - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Shubham Khanna
Subject Re: Pgoutput not capturing the generated columns
Date
Re: Pgoutput not capturing the generated columns
Re: Pgoutput not capturing the generated columns
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jul 12, 2024 at 12:13 PM Peter Smith <smithpb2250@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Shubham.
>
> Thanks for separating the new BMS 'columns' modification.
>
> Here are my review comments for the latest patch v17-0001.
>
> ======
>
> 1. src/backend/replication/pgoutput/pgoutput.c
>
>   /*
>   * Columns included in the publication, or NULL if all columns are
>   * included implicitly.  Note that the attnums in this bitmap are not
> + * publication and include_generated_columns option: other reasons should
> + * be checked at user side.  Note that the attnums in this bitmap are not
>   * shifted by FirstLowInvalidHeapAttributeNumber.
>   */
>   Bitmapset  *columns;
> With this latest 0001 there is now no change to the original
> interpretation of RelationSyncEntry BMS 'columns'. So, I think this
> field comment should remain unchanged; i.e. it should be the same as
> the current HEAD comment.
>
> ======
> src/test/subscription/t/011_generated.pl
>
> nitpick - comment changes for 'tab2' and 'tab3' to make them more consistent.
>
> ======
> 99.
> Please refer to the attached diff patch which implements any nitpicks
> described above.

The attached Patches contain all the suggested changes.

v19-0001 - Addressed the comments.
v19-0002 - Rebased the Patch.
v19-0003 - Rebased the Patch.
v19-0004- Addressed all the comments related to Bitmapset(BMS).

Thanks and Regards,
Shubham Khanna.

Attachment