Re: DOCS: Generated table columns are skipped by logical replication - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Smith
Subject Re: DOCS: Generated table columns are skipped by logical replication
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jun 19, 2024 at 2:21 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for sharing examples. Your proposed patch as-is looks good to
> me. We should back-patch this unless you or someone else thinks
> otherwise.

Hi Amit.

I modified the patch text slightly according to Peter E's suggestion [1].

I also tested the above examples against all older PostgreSQL versions
12,13,14,15,16,17. The logical replication behaviour of skipping
generated columns is the same for all of them.

Note that CREATE PUBLICATION column lists did not exist until PG15, so
a modified patch is needed for the versions before that.

~

The attached "HEAD" patch is appropriate for HEAD, PG17, PG16, PG15
The attached "PG14" patch is appropriate for PG14, PG13, PG12

======
[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/2b291af9-929f-49ab-b378-5cbc029d348f%40eisentraut.org

Kind Regards,
Peter Smith.