Re: Data is copied twice when specifying both child and parent table in publication - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Smith
Subject Re: Data is copied twice when specifying both child and parent table in publication
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Here are some more review comments for the HEAD_v8 patch:

======

1. Commit message

If there are two publications, one of them publish a parent table with
(publish_via_partition_root = true) and another publish child table,
subscribing to both publications from one subscription results in two initial
replications. It should only be copied once.

~

I took a 2nd look at that commit message and it seemed slightly
backwards to me - e.g. don't you really mean for the
'publish_via_partition_root' parameter to be used when publishing the
*child* table?

SUGGESTION
If there are two publications, one of them publishing a parent table
directly, and the other publishing a child table with
publish_via_partition_root = true, then subscribing to both those
publications from one subscription results in two initial
replications. It should only be copied once.

------
Kind Regards,
Peter Smith.
Fujitsu Australia