Re: Column Filtering in Logical Replication - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Smith
Subject Re: Column Filtering in Logical Replication
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi, I was wondering if/when a subset of cols is specified then does
that mean it will be possible for the table to be replicated to a
*smaller* table at the subscriber side?

e.g Can a table with 7 cols replicated to a table with 2 cols?

table tab1(a,b,c,d,e,f,g) --> CREATE PUBLICATION pub1 FOR TABLE
tab1(a,b)  --> table tab1(a,b)

~~

I thought maybe that should be possible, but the expected behaviour
for that scenario was not very clear to me from the thread/patch
comments. And the new TAP test uses the tab1 table created exactly the
same for pub/sub, so I couldn't tell from the test code either.

------
Kind Regards,
Peter Smith.
Fujitsu Australia