Re: Handle infinite recursion in logical replication setup - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Smith
Subject Re: Handle infinite recursion in logical replication setup
Date
List pgsql-hackers
IIUC the new option may be implemented subscriber-side and/or
publisher-side and/or both, and the subscriber-side option may be
"enhanced" in future to prevent cycles. And probably there are more
features I don't know about or that have not yet been thought of.

~~

Even if the plan is only to implement just one part now and then add
more later, I think there still should be some consideration for what
you expect all possible future options to look like, because that may
affect current implementation choices.

The point is:

- we should take care so don't accidentally end up with an option that
turned out to be inconsistent looking on the subscriber-side /
publisher-side.

- we should try to avoid accidentally painting ourselves into a corner
(e.g. stuck with a boolean option that cannot be enhanced later on)

------
Kind Regards,
Peter Smith.
Fujitsu Australia