Re: [HACKERS] logical decoding of two-phase transactions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Smith
Subject Re: [HACKERS] logical decoding of two-phase transactions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 10, 2021 at 1:31 PM vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2) I felt we can change lsn data type from Int64 to XLogRecPtr
> +<varlistentry>
> +<term>Int64</term>
> +<listitem><para>
> +                The LSN of the prepare.
> +</para></listitem>
> +</varlistentry>
> +
> +<varlistentry>
> +<term>Int64</term>
> +<listitem><para>
> +                The end LSN of the transaction.
> +</para></listitem>
> +</varlistentry>
>
> 3) I felt we can change lsn data type from Int32 to TransactionId
> +<varlistentry>
> +<term>Int32</term>
> +<listitem><para>
> +                Xid of the subtransaction (will be same as xid of the
> transaction for top-level
> +                transactions).
> +</para></listitem>
> +</varlistentry>

> Similar problems related to comments 2 and 3 are being discussed at
> [1], we can change it accordingly based on the conclusion in the other
> thread.
> [1] -
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CAHut%2BPs2JsSd_OpBR9kXt1Rt4bwyXAjh875gUpFw6T210ttO7Q%40mail.gmail.com#cf2a85d0623dcadfbb1204a196681313

Earlier today the other documentation patch mentioned above was
committed by Tom Lane.

The 2PC patch v102 now fixes your review comments 2 and 3 by matching
the same datatype annotation style of that commit.

------
Kind Regards,
Peter Smith
Fujitsu Australia