Re: R: Please implement simple failover scenario - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Stephen Nelson
Subject Re: R: Please implement simple failover scenario
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 12:39 PM, Enrico Olivelli - Diennea
<enrico.olivelli@diennea.com> wrote:

> Can you suggest some alternative to ha-jdbc ? I can't find any other library which is currently under active
development

I don't know what your application and infrastructure architecture is
but I'd look at the solutions provided by Postgresql natively such as
Transaction Log Shipping [0] which could be provided by virtual IPs
are previously suggested.

If your application is web-based and lives in a Java app server, for
HA I would expect you would have a hot standby. In this case you could
use an intelligent load balancer to use the endpoint of the active
server.

Finally, I have used ha-jdbc in the past and it worked well for our
needs in an active-active configuration. Also it looks like it is
under active development [1]

Hope this helps,

Stephen

[0] http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/interactive/different-replication-solutions.html