log level of "drop cascade" lists - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Willy-Bas Loos
Subject log level of "drop cascade" lists
Date
Re: log level of "drop cascade" lists  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-general
Hi,

(this is in version 9.4)
The SQL command DROP schema myschema CASCADE tells me that the full list of items that the drop cascades to is in the log, but it isn't.

messages on stdout:
drop cascades to table myschema.mytable
and 143 other objects (see server log for list)
DROP SCHEMA

The log doesn't mention this at all, except
2019-01-10 12:10:45 CET ERROR:  canceling autovacuum task
2019-01-10 12:10:45 CET CONTEXT:  automatic analyze of table "myschema.mytable"

log_min_messages is on the default value, which is warning.
#log_min_messages = warning

At first glance, it seems logical that the list of dropped items is a "notice". But now that it seems that the cascade went further than i anticipated, it is of a greater significance to me than that.
Also, truncating the list in the message and referring to the log is not desirable IMHO if the default  setting is to not log the list.

So long story short: i think it would be wise to set the log level of "drop cascade" lists to "warning".

Cheers,
--
Willy-Bas Loos