column does not exist Error - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Ramy Abdel-Azim
Subject column does not exist Error
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hello,

I'm getting a confusing error message. I'm trying to insert a row into a database table called "users". I'm trying to insert using the form:

insert into table (column, column1, column2)
values (value, value1, value2)

however, i'm getting an error message that, relative to the query i provide above, would say this:

ERROR:  column value1 does not exist

LINE 5:   "value1","value2"

               ^

....I didn't specify value1 AS a column. Why is it telling me the value i'm trying to insert is not a column. It shouldn't be a column. Why does it think it IS a column?

Thanks,

_Ramy