Re: stats for network traffic WIP - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Nigel Heron
Subject Re: stats for network traffic WIP
Date
Re: stats for network traffic WIP  (Nigel Heron <nheron@querymetrics.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hi, thanks, I'm still actively working on this patch. I've gotten the
traffic counters working when using SSL enabled clients (includes the
ssl overhead now) but I still have the walsender transfers under SSL
to work on.
I'll post an updated patch when i have it figured out.
Since the patch changes some views in pg_catalog, a regression test
fails .. i'm not sure what to do next. Change the regression test in
the patch, or wait until the review phase?

I was also thinking of adding global counters for the stats collector
(pg_stat* file read/write bytes + packets lost) and also log file io
(bytes written for txt and csv formats) .. any interest?

-nigel.