Re: proposal: PL/Pythonu - function ereport - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Catalin Iacob
Subject Re: proposal: PL/Pythonu - function ereport
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 9, 2015 at 2:58 PM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
> I needed to understand the support for Python 3.5.
>
> The patch with the fix is attached regress tests 3.5 Python

I wanted to type a reply this morning to explain and then I noticed
there's another file (_0.out) for Python2.4 and older (as explained by
src/pl/plpython/expected/README) so tests there fail as well. I built
Python 2.4.6 and then Postgres against it and updated the expected
output for 2.4 as well. Find the changes for 2.4 attached. You can add
those to your patch.

While I was at it I tested 2.5 and 2.6 as well, they also pass all
tests. So with the 2.4 changes attached I think we're done.

BTW, the alternative output files for pg_regress are explained at
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/regress-variant.html

Attachment